Respite House is located at 1408 Chicago Street, Valparaiso, Indiana. The structure was built in 1978 and is located on a lot consisting of .67 acres. The interior has been completely reconfigured in the summer and fall of 2009, to best meet our needs for a men’s halfway house. (Slideshow of the remodeling process >) Given the nature of the surrounding properties, it is somewhat isolated, yet centrally located.
Respite House is a one-level structure with adequate living space for 15 residents. The on-site director has a separate living quarters and
office space. There is a common living room area, a common kitchen and dining area, a computer-work room, large bathroom facilities, a public restroom area and meeting space for programming and 12 Step Fellowship Meetings.
Residents are assigned chores and other duties, inside and outside the house, concerning the general maintenance and upkeep of the premises. Additionally, they will be responsible to keep their individual areas, common areas, and any common area after their individual use, free of clutter.
Respite House was incorporated January 9, 2009 as a Not-for-Profit Corporation, pursuant to the Laws of the State of Indiana. Respite House is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a Charitable Organization pursuant to Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and all contributions are tax deductible.
Respite House • a halfway house for men
1408 Chicago St, Valparaiso, Indiana • 219.548.1300 • email@example.com
©2009-2013 Respite House • website provided by The Grossbauer Group • hosting provided by GGNet